We are now looking forward to the longer evenings and warmer months. It’s a very busy time in school too with lots of activities to look forward to before Easter.
Cumann na dTuismitheoirí; ‘Family Favourites’
Congratulations to our Parents Association on the launch of ‘Family Favourites’ last Thursday night. In particular our thanks to Gail Merriman, Sharon Crowley, Paula Crowley, Catherine McHugh, Brenda Wright and Breda Goulding who did trojan work to bring this project to fruition. It was a brilliant night and thoroughly enjoyed by all in attendance. If you didn’t make it last Thursday night, the book is available from the school. Payment can be made in the usual way on Aladdin.
Féilire na Scoile
- Wednesday, 8th March: First Confession
- Friday 10th March @ 11a.m: Confirmation
- Wednesday 15th March : Lá Glas ( the children are encouraged to wear green into school on the day. As usual the PA will collect a coin from each child €5 per family which will go towards supporting Laois Down Syndrome.
- Thursday 16th March: Staff in-service. The school will be closed for children on the day.
- Tuesday 21st March : ‘Lots of Socks’ day. The ‘Lots of Socks’ campaign represents the extra chromosome that people with Down syndrome have and is internationally recognised to raise awareness about Down syndrome.
Friendship week was celebrated in the school recently and a full schedule of activities took place. Each class took on an art activity and there was also a door decorating competition which senior infants and fourth class won. Well done to them and mile buíochas to Ms. Lewis for organising the schedule.
The attendance for this school year so far has been 94%. When a child reaches 15 absences in a school year it is school policy to send a standard alert to parents. The school has an obligation to report absences of 20 days or more to Tusla.
Curraclam na Scoile
Seachtain na Gaeilge takes place in the school over the coming weeks and there are a number of school activities planned for same. Our thanks to Ms. Lewis for organising the schedule.
Tráth na gCeist
Congratulations to our Under 11 table quiz team who have reached the National Finals of the Credit Union Quiz. The team comprises: Katie Moore, Pierce Milner, Ronan Crowley and Sean Kiernan. They have won both the preliminary and regional competitions and the finals take place in the RDS in April. Our thanks to Ms. Casey and her team of helpers in 4th class who are continuing to help prepare the team for the finals in April.
- Our thanks to Ms. Maher for organising the Texaco Art competition recently and the very best of luck to all the entrants.
- Our thanks to Ms. Casey for organising pancakes for all the children in the school on Shrove Tuesday.
- Sarah Gorman, Speech and Language Therapist is helping out assessing and setting up some programmes for some of our children who are on public waiting lists at the moment. We are delighted that the Parents Association is supporting this initiative.
- Cumann na mBunscol hurling and camogie games leagues resume on the week beginning 20th