Job Advertisement;Emo National School Secretary
Mon Nov 6 2023 14:21:07
Application Closing Date:
Mon Nov 20 2023
Wed Dec 13 2023
Status of Post:
Number of Vacancies:
SCHOOL DETAILS (modify)
Total No. of Teaching Staff:
Panel of Applicants:
An internal panel of suitable applicants may be set up to fill vacancies which may occur within a specific time period ( duration of the school year for secretary) from the date on which the Board approves the successful candidate.
Emo N.S.,Emo, Portlaoise invites applications for the position of School Secretary. This is a full-time permanent position and will be subject to sanction from the Department of Education. The successful applicant will be recruited in line with the terms and conditions as set out in Circular 36/2022. New secretaries will be placed on point 1 of the scale set out in Appendix 1 of the circular, unless they have prior experience as a school secretary. The position is subject to compulsory Garda vetting, Med mark clearance, online TUSLA Child Protection Training and a six month probationary period. This on-site role is for 28 hours 20 minutes per week ( 5 hours 40 minutes per day; 8.50a.m.-2.30p.m Monday to Friday. Flexibility may be required at other times to support school activities/events.
Key duties of this position will include:
* point of contact for all visitors and enquiries.
* managing school communications – phone, email, databases (e.g. Aladdin, POD, OLCS).
* Management of school financial accounts – payments, payroll, FSSU and corresponding with our school accountant.
* Office management – maintenance of office equipment, procurement of resources and liaising with service providers, suppliers etc.
* Co-ordinating the school admissions process.
* Working alongside the school management team.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
* Professionalism, discretion and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Book-keeping skills including knowledge of online banking etc.
* A willingness to engage in Continuous Professional Development.
* ICT proficiency and an interest in upskilling.
* Knowledge in relation to GDPR and data protection and updating, managing and storing school records in accordance with GDPR compliance.
* Ability to use own initiative, to work independently and as part of a team.
* A positive outlook and a willingness to contribute to overall school development.
* Very good planning and organisational skills.
Applications by post only. Please mark ‘ Secretary position’ clearly on the envelope.
- Letter of Application
- Referees (name, role, contact no.)
- Copy of Certificates, Diplomas, Degrees
- CV (Unbound/Slide Binder)
Applications may be submitted by
APPLY TO THIS JOB VACANCY
Chairperson Emo NS BoM,