On behalf of the Board of Management of the school I would like to acknowledge and express our deep appreciation of the efforts of parents and teachers in January and February to keep our children engaged with remote learning. There was huge engagement with schoolwork across all classes. Those efforts will have to continue for another two weeks for our senior classes.
Please see below some practical information for the return of pupils to our school on Monday.
All relevant policies and practices are in place to prevent the spread of Covid-19 in line with the Government’s “Work Safely Protocol”. Our Covid-19 Response Plan and risk assessment are our commitment to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all our staff, pupils and others who visit our school. These may be viewed in the policies section of our website https://emons.ie/covid-19-response-plan-for-emo-n-s-2/
The results of the risk assessment and any new or enhanced safety measures to be implemented are being shared with staff on today Friday 26th.
- The school will reopen for junior infants, first and second classes at 8.50 a.m. on Monday morning. Gates will be open from 8.35a.m.
- Please complete the Return to Educational Facility Parental Declaration Form in advance of your child returning. This can only be completed after 3p.m on Sunday 28th
- Parents are reminded not to send their child to school if they have symptoms of the virus or are in close contact with anyone who has symptoms. Please see section 5 of the school’s response plan which outlines the control measures which will help prevent the introduction and spread of infection.
- Children will go straight to their classroom on Monday morning.
- We would remind all members of the school community of the dangers of spreading this virus through congregation of groups of people. Please be mindful of this in relation to dropping off and collecting children at the school entrance. Please wear a mask when dropping or collecting children or anywhere on the school grounds.Also pass this information on to other members of your family who may be dropping off or collecting your child.
- Ventilation routines will continue as they were before Christmas. Windows and doors will be opened when children leave the room for breaks. Therefore, we advise that children wear a body warmer or warm vest underneath their t-shirt.
- Please ensure your child has a child friendly pocket bottle of sanitiser with them to use and that they are familiar with its use.
- Please ensure that your child has a coat as every effort will be made to take our lunch breaks outdoors.
- Collection routines for juniors and senior infants will remain the same as before @ 1.30p.m.If you wish to speak with a teacher please use SEESAW or phone to the school . 0578646868.
- There will be no home work next week. March 1st – 5th .
- Parents must make sure that children bring their lunches to school to avoid adults having to come to the school during the day. Please remind your children not to share their food or drinks with other children. Please make sure your child is self-sufficient and independent where their lunchbox and contents are concerned. Please ensure they can open/peel any lunch/drink you pack for them.
- Please revise with your child the independent putting on and taking off of their coats.
We wish to reassure you that we will listen to, and seek to resolve any safety issues that may arise or cause anxiety. Parents who have safety concerns should discuss the matter with the Principal.
The BoM will continue to communicate regularly with staff and parents. In the meantime, we urge you to work with us in ensuring the safety of every child and adult in our school community.